Holocaust by Bullets in the Occupied Soviet Territories with Yahad – In Unum
January 27 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
WHAT IS THE HOLOCAUST BY BULLETS?
On June 22, 1941, Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union. This act of war sounded the death bell for the Jewish populations of Eastern Europe. More than two million Jews were killed through the use of bullets by Nazi mobile-killing units and their collaborators. This extermination practice has come to be designated as the “Holocaust by bullets” or “genocide by mass shooting.” The executioners massacred the victims in their villages, before the eyes of their neighbors.
1) A short overview of the Holocaust by Bullets as a mobile and public crime.
2) A short summary of Yahad – In Unum’s investigative methodology.
3) Viewing and analysis of an excerpt from an eyewitness testimony.
4) Analysis of the five steps of the crime typical of nearly every mass-shooting perpetrated by the Einsatzgruppen in the former Soviet Union.
5) Presentation of In Evidence, the interactive map of the killing site identified by Yahad – In Unum and of different ways for its pedagogical use.
6) A Presentation of Yahad – In Unum’s Study Guide for Educators and its various activities to be used in a virtual or face-to-face classroom setting.
Through this 90-minute webinar, Yahad-In Unum aims to provide classroom teachers with a condensed overview of this little-known chapter of the Holocaust history, an outline of our research methodology, and several educational tools that can be used in an online or face-to-face classroom setting.
This workshop is recommended for current high school teachers who have not previously completed a Yahad-In Unum seminar in person or online. The workshop will be held via Zoom; participants will be sent a link before the webinar.
THIS IS A FREE WEBINAR AND LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS
For more information contact: email@example.com • Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIlc-moqDwrHNKdcwDVz6fGcZfGsNCNtnWs
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting